- Equivalent of 1 large bread slice per person (2 to 3 slices of toast bread), cut in small chips (stale, but not dead!).
- Grill the bread somewhat in a bit of olive oil in a frying pan
In a mixing bowl, mix:
- 1/2 cup milk per person (120 ml)
- 1.5 egg per person
- lots of nutmeg
- enough salt, some pepper
mix well the milk, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
mix in the bread until all is absorbed (just about) fry in pan, until golden.
- 1/2 medium onion per person
- 40 g bacon bits per person
Heat the bacon in a pan with a bit of EVOO, after 1 or 2 mn, add the finely chopped onion for another 3 to 5 mn. Let cool and add to the egg/milk mixture.